Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sweet Sunday


A twist on the traditional rice krispy - add a flavored dry cake mix. Umm hello, why haven't I heard of this until now?!?! They say yellow cake mix but that to me is still too plain Jane. I did strawberry and it was delicious. I can't wait to try lemon. Cherry. Chocolate. Red Velvet. Spice. Carrot. Not sure they'd all be good but fun to experiment.

~Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats~

Ingredients:
3 Tbs butter
1 10-ounce bag of mini marshmallows
1/4 cup yellow cake mix (or any flavor for that matter)*
6 cups rice krispies cereal
1 1.75-ounce container of sprinkles**

Directions:
1) Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows.
2) Stir until they begin to melt, adding in cake mix slowly.
3) Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
4) Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix. Press into a baking dish (any size will do) and top with remaining sprinkles.
5) Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting. Spray knife with nonstick spray to easily cut.

*I added 1/2 cup to really infuse the krispies with the cake flavor.
**Sprinkles aren't a must. I personally didn't like the sprinkles my first time.  


I hope this ends your weekend on a sweet note!

No comments:

Post a Comment